- Critical care personnel are at risk of infection when interacting with COVID-19 patients.
- Risk is especially high during intubation and other airway manipulations.
- Design a low-cost patient hood that provides access to the patient
- Provide a negative pressure environment using available suction ports
- Collaboration involving University of Maryland, LCSR, JHH, and CNH
- Built prototype
- Created online survey for clinical feedback: https://forms.gle/N6QZtSuTtCHsy2NCA
Johns Hopkins University
Jason, Farley, Balazs Vagvolgyi, Axel Krieger
University of Maryland
E. Reggia, J. Brookman, K. Aroom, T. Fleiter, Axel Krieger