- Critical care personnel often must enter contaminated area to make simple adjustments to equipment such as ventilators or infusion pumps
- Each visit requires use of another set of PPE masks, gowns, etc.
- Low cost teleoperated robot systems with video camera and custom finger to push buttons or operate touch screen displays.
- Simple user interface with Bluetooth connection to tablet.
- Collaboration involving MCEH, LCSR, and the University of Maryland
- Prototype in use at Johns Hopkins Bayview Center
JHU: RH Taylor, P Kazanzides, A. Krieger, B. Vagvolgyi, A. Goodridge, A. Deguet, A. Gurses, M. Patch
UMD: A. Krieger, S. Murthi
See this project featured on NBC Nightly News | August 5, 2020